An Ohio drunk driving conviction can take away your license and may even send you to jail. We can protect your rights and aggressively fight the charges against you. Let our team go to work for you, and we will try to clear your name and help restore your driving privileges.
A DUI and OVI lawyer in Anderson Township, OH from The Law Offices of Steven R. Adams, LLC is ready to take your call. From your initial arrest through the conclusion of your case, we will help you understand what to expect every step of the way.
Call our office today at 513-929-9333 for immediate help, or to schedule a no-obligation consultation with a member of our team.
We Can Help Your Fight Your Anderson Township OVI Charge
Operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) is a serious charge under Ohio law, and may lead to significant penalties that include:
- Administrative driver’s license suspension
- Criminal driver’s license suspensions
- Significant fines
A conviction will go on your permanent record and may affect your life and your reputation for years to come. We can help you fight this charge. Your criminal lawyer, Steven R. Adams, will:
- Explain what outcomes might be possible
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest
- Build a robust defense strategy for a more positive outcome
- Stand by you through the entire process
- Represent you in court, presenting your best defenses
- Aggressively pursue a lenient sentence, when applicable
Understanding the Consequences of an Anderson Township OVI Conviction
In Ohio, you will face both administrative and criminal consequences if they arrest and convict you of an OVI.
Ohio Administrative Drunk Driving Penalties
When police stop you for suspicion of drunk driving and decide they have enough evidence to arrest you, the administrative penalties go into effect immediately. The arresting officers will confiscate your driver’s license, and your administrative suspension begins.
You can appeal the administrative suspension, but you only have 30 days to do so. Call us right away, and we can handle requesting your hearing for you. If you enlist our help, we will:
- Request an appeals hearing on your behalf
- Build a case arguing you are not guilty of the OVI offense
- Represent you during the hearing
- Present the case we built to the judge during your appeals hearing
If we can present clear evidence of your innocence, the judge could reinstate your driving privileges during your appeals hearing. However, this is not a common outcome. Instead, you will likely need to serve a three-month suspension if this is your first offense. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be eligible for limited driving privileges.
Ohio Criminal Drunk Driving Sentencing
If the court convicts you of a drunk driving offense, the judge will sentence you based on the severity of your charges and mitigating circumstances of your case. The penalties you may face after an Ohio drunk driving conviction could include:
- Time in jail or prison
- Significant fines
- Community control (probation) with significant conditions
- A driver’s license suspension
In many cases, we may be able to negotiate an alcohol treatment program and community control to help you avoid additional time behind bars. You may need to report to a community control officer regularly and submit to regular drug or blood alcohol concentration testing, but most of our clients find this to be a better alternative than jail time.
In some Ohio OVI cases, there is a mandatory minimum jail sentence. This means we cannot negotiate for community control or other alternatives to incarceration for a set period. This may apply if you:
- Have previous drunk driving convictions; or
- Had a blood alcohol concentration of .17 or above
Either of these situations require you spend at least six days behind bars. We may be able to negotiate a situation that allows you to serve this time on weekends or vacation time. This may help you keep your job or finish the semester at school without a problem.
Building a Defense Strategy for Your Anderson Township Drunk Driving Case
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to build a strong defense strategy and fight your Anderson Township drunk driving charge. We begin by investigating exactly what happened and getting a good understanding of the circumstances that led to your arrest. Then, we will look at the arrest itself and analyze the actions of the arresting officers, ensuring they followed all protocols.
We will use the information we gain from this investigation to help us put a defense strategy in place that could help us get a more favorable result for you. Some of the most common ways we approach Ohio DUI and OVI cases include:
- Presenting evidence such as evidence that you were not impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Establishing problems with the blood alcohol concentration testing equipment or procedures
- Presenting evidence police conducted an illegal traffic stop, entrapment, or illegal search, violating your rights
- Negotiating a plea deal agreement for a lesser charge, most commonly reckless driving
- Arguing your case in front of the Judge and jury in court
- Pleading guilty and trying to negotiate a sentence that is more lenient or one that works better with your schedule, such as serving jail time on weekends only
Talk to a DUI & OVI Lawyer in Anderson Township, OH, About Your Case
Anderson Township OVI defense attorney Steven R. Adams will fight aggressively to help you win your Ohio OVI case and regain your driving privileges. Our team will offer legal advice and support throughout the criminal justice process, from the time you first contact us until the conclusion of your trial and beyond. We can help you fight for a more favorable outcome in your drunk driving case.
Call our office today at 513-929-9333 to talk about your case with a member of our legal team.