Sex Crimes in Ohio
If you are being investigated or charged with a sex crime in Ohio, now is not the time to panic. Sex crimes charges are serious, and convictions often come with lifelong consequences. Being charged with a sex crime is not the same as being convicted; however, even if you believe that the prosecutor has enough evidence to secure a conviction. There are many reasons that charges can be reduced or thrown out, and a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney will defend your case and help you secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Minor
- Advertisement for sexual activity for hire – Any advertisement or offer in electronic or print media that includes an explicit or implicit offer for sexual activity for hire in Ohio.
- Depiction – Any photograph, film, videotape, visual material, or printed material.
- Purchase or otherwise obtain advertising space for an advertisement for sexual activity for hire
- That includes a depiction of a minor
Sentencing and Fines
- A violation of this offense is a 3rd degree felony with a fine of up to $10,000.
- Question: is it a valid defense that you did not know the age of the person depicted in the advertisement or that you relied on a representation of the person’s age depicted in the advertisement?
Answer: No. It is also not a valid defense to say that you relied on the person’s apparent age depicted in the advertisement.
- Question: Is it a valid defense that you required the person depicted in the advertisement to prove their age?
Answer: Yes, if you can produce a copy of the person’s driver’s license, marriage license, birth certificate, or other government or school issued document that you used to ascertain their age.
Are You Looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Cincinnati, OH?
If you are facing sex crime charges, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Cincinnati office directly at 513-929-9333 to schedule your free consultation.