The laws concerning OVI/DUI in the state of Ohio can be found in the Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.19. Your municipality could also have additional laws against drunk driving. This law states that it is illegal to operate any sort of motorized vehicle while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. The law spells out the illegal limit of blood alcohol content (BAC) in blood, whole blood, urine, and plasma.
If you are stopped by a police officer whether in a routine traffic stop or at a DUI checkpoint and the officer has reason to believe you might be under the influence, he or she may ask you to complete certain standard field sobriety tests. Steven R. Adams, an experienced OVI and DUI attorney in Cincinnati, is a certified instructor in standardized field sobriety testing and he holds certification on both the Intoxilyzer 5000 and the BAC Data Master breath testing machines used in determining BAC, and is certified to operate the Intoxilyzer 8000.
This sets him apart from other Cincinnati OVI lawyers and enables him to determine whether or not your test was conducted properly or if any failings in procedure or testing occurred that could get your case thrown out. Call to learn more about this valuable experience.
Why Choose Our Southern Ohio OVI/DUI Attorneys?
It is important to call an OVI lawyer in Cincinnati immediately after you’ve been stopped by a police officer. There are many reasons to choose Steven R. Adams and our team of seasoned drug crimes attorneys:
- He created the Top Ten DUI Do’s and Don’ts
- He is certified to operate breath test machines
- He is a certified instructor for standardized field sobriety testing
- We are members of the National College of DUI defense
- Steven R. Adams has been rated 10.0 “Superb” on Avvo
- We have almost 25 years of experience
- Steven R. Adams is rated AV Preeminent®, the highest peer-review rating given by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® six years in a row
Contact The Law Offices of Steven R. Adams, LLC today. Our qualified Cincinnati DUI lawyer will protect your rights and help you obtain a positive outcome for your case. We’re the clear choice for honest, fair, and effective OVI representation. Call us now at (513) 929.9333.