Aggravated Burglary occurs when a person(s) uses force or deception to trespass onto another’s home or property with the intent to harm. The elements of Aggravated Burglary are as follows:
- By stealth, force, or deception
- In an occupied structure, or
- In a separately secured or separately occupied portion of an occupied structure
- When another person (other than an accomplice) is present
- With the purpose to commit any criminal offense
- In the structure or in a separately secured or occupied portion of the structure, and
- The offender inflicts, or attempts or threatens to inflict physical harm on another, or
- The offender has a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance on or about the offender’s person or under the offender’s control
An aggravated burglary conviction is a 1st degree felony which carries 3 – 11 years in prison and a fine of up to $20,000.
The Law Offices of Steven R. Adams will provide you with a variety of defenses that can be used to defend you against your charges.If you have questions about the charges you are facing or you need an experienced burglary defense attorney to fight the charges against you and protect throughout the legal process. The Law Offices of Steven R. Adams, LLC is here to help protect your rights. Call (513) 929-9333 today to get the answers you need in your free case evaluation.