We know that facing any type of criminal charge threatens your freedom and livelihood, and we will work to secure the best results possible in your case. Keep reading to learn more about what it’s like to work with our firm.
What It’s Like To Work With Our Firm
- Free initial telephone conversation upon calling our office
- When you hire us, you will come into our office and will typically get a 90-minute to two-hour consultation. However, it could vary depending on the facts and circumstances of your case. Nevertheless, we will take as long as needed to get all of the facts and your point of view as it relates to the facts.
- We will do everything we can to comfort you throughout this process. At your consultation, we will:
- Get all the facts in detail (from this meeting, a detailed fact memorandum will be provided for you to review)
- Explain the law
- Discuss citizenship and immigration issues if necessary
- Establish your goals
- Explain the Municipal Court versus Common Pleas Court in Ohio
- Explain the nuances of prosecutors and judges
- Go over potential defenses
- Go over information that we, as your attorneys, need to discover, such as witnesses, potential witnesses, video, photographs, and other evidence
- Provide an outline of potential penalties you are facing.
- Provide information in the event that you are in need of treatment.
- We can advise you and your family of reputable treatment facilities if this is for substance abuse or mental health issues.
- Provide definitions that are important and relevant to your case:
- Phrases such as knowingly, recklessly, purposely, negligently, reasonable doubt, under the influence, drugs of abuse, etc.
- Obtain a private investigator if you are so inclined to do so.
- Go over license suspension information and potential driving privileges under the suspension.
- We accept phone calls at any time to our direct office line or cell phones, and we will do everything we can to get back to you within 24 hours.
- We provide our knowledge and experience about the particular court to which you are cited.
- We go over whether you may need an expert witness on your behalf.
- If medical issues are relevant, we will get information so that we can obtain your medical records.
- We will gather a history of any medical issues that you have so that we can determine whether you may have a defense based upon that issue.
- We will go over the criminal and/or the DUI process from start to finish.
- We will go over different hearings upon which we can attack and/or suppress evidence.
- We will also go over the fee agreement so that you know what we charge, when we charge, as well as what potential costs may arise.
- After interviewing you, we would open the meeting up for you to ask us any questions that come to mind.
- You can ask us anything. We want you to feel comfortable and knowledgeable about what lies ahead.
- Finally, we will consult with you about your objectives and goals. We will go over the steps in order to accomplish your goals and objectives. Keep in mind: we cannot promise to win or achieve your goal, but we do promise that we will do everything and anything in our power, legally and ethically to do so. And we will advise you of any obstacles or limitations as it relates to your goals and objectives.
Are You Looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Cincinnati, OH?
If you are facing criminal charges, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Cincinnati office directly at 513-929-9333 to schedule your free consultation.