Not Guilty Adams recognizes the time, abilities, and other resources that volunteers donate every day to make the Special Olympics a remarkable experience for those with intellectual disabilities. Every year we will provide one deserving volunteer with a $1,000 college scholarship to help them finance their education so they can continue making a difference in the world.
Deadline to apply for the Spring 2019 Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship: December 15, 2018.
Keep reading to review the eligibility criteria and essay questions required to apply for this scholarship.
About the Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship
The Special Olympics is global and inclusive, reaching people around the world regardless of their disability. Athletes compete in sporting events giving them the opportunity to build confidence and camaraderie with other participants.
“The Special Olympics brings joy to so many people – athletes with intellectual disabilities, their families, the volunteers,” says attorney Steven R. Adams, founder of Not Guilty Adams. “The scholarship recognizes a dedicated, selfless volunteer who does their part to create lasting memories for the athletes.”
Anybody who has devoted 40 hours or more to volunteering for the Special Olympics is eligible for the scholarship. Please fill out the form on the right to submit your application.
Eligibility for the Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship
Below are the criteria applicants must meet to qualify for the Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship:
- 3.0 GPA (must submit unofficial transcript);
- Enrolled in or admitted to accredited college or university;
- Current or former volunteer with the Special Olympics with at least 40 hours of service;
- Complete and submit essay on one of the topics below;
- Letter from supervisor, organizer, or other official verifying volunteer hours;
- Fill out and submit application form on this page; and
- Agree to terms and conditions.
Answer One of These Essay Questions
Write an essay of 500 to 1,000 words on any one of these topics. Please submit your essay in PDF format via the form on this page along with the rest of your application.
- How has volunteering for the Special Olympics allowed you to grow personally and professionally?
- What do you find most rewarding about being a Special Olympics volunteer?
- What do you want the public to know about the Special Olympics?
How to Apply for the Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship
Submit your application via the form on this page. Applications submitted in any other manner or format will not be considered.
Deadline to apply for Spring 2019 Special Olympics Volunteer Scholarship: December 15, 2018.