Facing allegations of a criminal act is nerve-wracking. No matter if police are questioning you, have arrested you, or you are now facing charges, there is no reason you need to go through this process on your own. Especially when the charges are serious, and the penalties are significant.
At the Law Offices of Steven R. Adams, LLC, our team knows how confused and anxious you are. We know how alone you feel, and how much you need someone to guide the way. A criminal defense lawyer in Mason, OH will give you the support and advice you need, walking beside you throughout the entire process. Our team can help you understand what to expect and build a robust defense strategy to help get a more favorable outcome in your case.
A Conviction Could Come with Significant Penalties in Mason, Ohio
The penalties you may face if convicted will depend heavily on the charges you face, as well as other factors. Even a relatively minor allegation can cause significant disruptions in your life. Your sentence could depend on:
- Your history of criminal activity
- The details of your case
- The type of charges you face
- Mandatory minimum sentencing laws
- The argument we can present for leniency
- The judge who hears your case
If you have a criminal record or the court convicts you of a serious crime, you may face significant penalties. This could include fines, incarceration, and probation, known as community control.
With community control, you will be able to live in your own home and work or go to school, but will have to meet certain conditions that may include:
- Reporting regularly to a probation officer
- Taking regular drug tests
- Attendance at an alcohol or drug treatment program
- Completing community service
- Avoiding further problems with the police
- Paying restitution
Even with a relatively minor crime, there are some pretty significant consequences above and beyond your sentence. You will have a criminal record that could affect many aspects of your life. This could include:
- Having to explain the conviction to prospective employers
- Knowing it will show up on any background check
- Having problems renting an apartment
- Problems getting or renewing professional licenses or credentials
We will fight to try to avoid a conviction in your case, but this is not always possible. If you do face a conviction, we will aggressively pursue the penalties that best fit your lifestyle and needs. We want to help you mitigate the effects your arrest has on your life.
Getting a More Favorable Outcome in Your Mason, OH Criminal Case
We fight aggressively to help all our clients get a more favorable result in their case. In some cases, it may not be possible to clear your name. However, we can employ tactics that allow us to develop a solid defense strategy and try to lessen the impact of your arrest and subsequent conviction.
When we first review your case, we can explain what we believe will be the most difficult parts of the process and what we think the possible outcomes are. Then, we will put a plan in place to defend you and fight for a more favorable result. This could include:
- Presenting evidence that gives the district attorney a reason to reduce or drop the charges against you
- Presenting evidence that could cause the judge to disallow key evidence submitted by the prosecution
- Successfully requesting they drop the charges because of a lack of evidence
- Negotiating a plea deal, allowing you to plead guilty to a lesser crime with more lenient penalties
- Negotiating a deal to reduce your sentence if you plead guilty
- Creating reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors, prompting a not guilty verdict
Your Mason Criminal Defense Attorney Does More Than Represent You in Court
While we do represent our clients in court and aggressively fight to clear their name, this is not the only service we provide. We also:
Protect Your Rights
Often, we have family members call us because police have detained their loved one and they need representation. Other times, the party has invoked their right to an attorney, and they reach out to us. Either way, we can accompany you to any interrogation and protect your rights throughout this process. You have a right to have your lawyer present any time police question you.
Help You Understand the Charges
If you contact us before your arraignment, we will accompany you to this court appearance. If not, we can still help you understand the nature of the charges against you, what the state has accused you of doing, and the possible penalties if convicted.
Investigate Your Case
We will examine the circumstances that led to your arrest, and the facts of your arrest itself. We will gather any available evidence to help us best understand the case the prosecution has against you and any details that prove your innocence. This information allows us to build a strong defense strategy and pursue a more favorable outcome in your case.
Walk Through the Process with You
When you work with our team, you never have to wonder what will happen next or worry what you should do. We represent you throughout the entire process, offering reassurance as well as practical advice. We have been here many times before, so we can tell you what to expect each step of the way.
Are You Looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Cincinnati, OH?
If you are facing criminal charges, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Cincinnati office directly at 513-929-9333 to schedule your free consultation.